Showbox Chromecast is a good option is you want to use Showbox app to stream a movie directly to your TV. In this guide we will cover how to cast Showbox on your TV.
Why Showbox with Chromecast?
Showbox is the best app when it comes to movie streaming. You can watch thousands of movies for free: blockbusters, action-films, TV series, thriller movies, romantic, comedy, drama and many others. But Showbox APK is designed to work for Android operating system which is installed mostly on smartphones and tablets. Modern phones have a big screen if we compare them to the older ones but even a 5-inch or 7-inch screen isn’t enough if we want to watch, let’s say, a blockbuster starring Dwayne Johnson, Robert John Downey Jr. or any other big Hollywood star.
You can watch free movies with Showbox installed on your PC. But most people own 21-23″ inch monitors whereas modern TVs have 40-50-inch screen and provide much better quality both in video and sound. That’s when Chromecast comes in handy.
Chromecast is a small device that can plug-in to HDMI port of you TV and connect it to your Android device. With this you can download a movie with Showbox app on you Android (or iOS, as Showbox can be installed there too) then conncert the phone to your TV and enjoy the movie on a big screen!
How to Cast Showbox on TV
First off, let’s see what you need to cast Showbox on your TV:
- Android/iOs phone with installer Showbox app. If you don’t have Showbox – download APK file and install it first. Installation instructions for iOS devices available here.
- TV with a big screen 🙂
Now, if you own all of these just follow the steps described down below and you won’t be having any problem with watching free movies and shows on a big screen.
- Go to Google Play store and install AllCast on your device. It will allow Showbox to connect to your TV.
- Run Showbox app from your smartphone and choose a movie you want to watch.
- Tap on three dots to open a movie settings menu and choose AllCast as your primary media player. Then select Google Chromecast as your receiver.
- If everything was done in the right way, you will be able to watch a movie on your TV. Control is available via AllCast on your device.
Alternative Way of Showbox Chromecast Watching
There is also other way of watching Showbox movie with Chromecast. It is the best option if most of the time you use your TV as a primary source.
To select Chromecast as a default player you need to do the following:
- Install AllCast from official Google Store.
- Open Settings in Showbox app and navigate to the Default Player section.
- Choose AllCast player as a default option. It will immediately connect to the available Chromecast.
- Open any movie in the app and select ‘Other’ when asked to use a media player. In the following list select ‘AllCast’. Then the player will ask you to play a movie and at the same menu you should tick ‘Always’ box.
- Now you have made AllCast as your primary media player. The next time you are going to watch a movie with Showbox you don’t need to configure the app as it will connect to Chromecast automatically.